When working with other people, conflict will often occur due to different ideas, perspectives, and communication styles. How we deal with conflicts determines how we continue in the relationship.
When conflict arises, focus on ways to inject calm into the situation.
- Take time to listen to each other. This is not always easy, but it is important to listen to the other person's concern and complaints.
- Put yourself in the other person's shoes. When we try to see the way the other person sees things, it can bring a better understanding of the issues and we can understand them better.
- Focus on what the other person is saying. Try not to craft a reply while they are speaking.
- Separate your emotions. Remember people often say things that they may not mean to say when they are upset.
- Appreciate and respect each other. Focus on the relationship and the value of it.
- Speak from your heart. Focus on how you feel,not the other person.
- Don't give up your principles. Believe in your principles and don't sacrifice them.
- Hang in when it gets hard. Take a break, distance yourself from the issues, for a cooling off period of time.
- Focus on the Facts.
How do you most often deal with conflict?
How can you improve your skills to deal with conflict?
Leave a Comment
Please leave your thoughts and feedback on the issue